First Visit Advice
To help ensure a successful first Acupuncture appointment, please:
- Print and fill out our Acupuncture Health Questionnaire & Consent at home before your appointment and bring your filled out paperwork with you. You can also arrive 5-10 minutes before your appointment time to fill out your paperwork. Please keep in mind, all appointments start and finish on time and a New Patient Appointment may take longer than 30 minutes to complete. We appreciate if your paperwork is completely filled out before your appointment time starts. Return visits generally are 15-30 minutes.
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing so we can access your arms and legs below your elbows and knees.
- A snack or meal an hour before your treatment is recommended. Please do not arrive starved nor stuffed. Drink plenty of water the day of your appointment.
What to Expect
Here is a rundown of what to expect during your New Patient Appointment.
Check-In & Fill Out Forms
- Fill out and sign our Health Questionnaire Acupuncture Form*
- Review and sign our Consent to Treatment, PHI and Policy Forms*
In order to save time, we encourage you to print and fill out your Acupuncture Health Questionnaire & Consent at home before your appointment.
*All medical records are safely stored and your health information will never be entered into a computer or transmitted electronically.
Meet with Your Practitioner, Review & Assess
Your initial assessment will be conducted in a private consultation room. An acupuncture assessment at The Pilates Wellness Center typically involves:
- Review of your Health Questionnaire
- Consultation with Acupuncture Physician
- Taking your pulse
- Observing your tongue
- Palpating specific channels and/or points
The assessment is designed to help identify the correct pattern and the best approach to treatment. This is a great time for you to ask any questions that you have.
After your assessment you will move to the Zen Lounge for your Acupuncture treatment
- Please turn off or silence all devices that may bother your neighbors before you enter
- Choose from any of the available tables
- Remove your socks and roll up your pant legs and shirt-sleeves as necessary
- Remove your watch or anything that might interfere with taking your wrists pulse
- Place your belongings under your table
Make yourself comfortable and your Acupuncture Physician will be with you shortly
For your relaxation and listening pleasure, you can select from a menu of recorded Guided Relaxation / Hypnosis recordings, created by renowned Life Coach and Certified Hypnotherapist Laura King. These recordings are designed to work on a sub-conscious level to help deepen your mind / body connection to improve healing. Please bring ear-buds if you wish to listen to these recordings.
Treatments at The Pilates Wellness Center include:
- Needles In: Needles are generally placed on your arms and legs below the elbows and knee but can also be placed other places such as the ears, forehead or abdomen. All needles are sterile, non-toxic, and disposable
- Rest: After the needles have been applied most people enter a state of deep relaxation, often falling asleep. Treatments typically last anywhere from 15 – 30 minutes
- Needles Out: At some point you will feel the relaxation coming to an end, your eyes will naturally open and you will feel “ready”. When this happens simply make eye contact with one of our staff members and we’ll remove your needles. Take a moment getting up. Gather your belongings and come to the front desk.
After treatment some people feel rejuvenated and energized, others blissful and spaced out, while some feel fatigued. It is not necessarily the same for everyone every time.
When your treatment is finished, exit the Zen Lounge and our front desk staff will help you check out before you continue on with your day.