First Chiropractic Treatment Advice
To help ensure a successful first Chiropractic appointment, please:
- Print and fill out your Health Questionnaire and Consent Forms at home before your appointment and bring your filled out paperwork with you. You can also arrive 15-20 minutes before your appointment time to fill out your paperwork. Please keep in mind, all appointments start and finish on time and a New Patient Appointment takes up to 1 hour to complete. We appreciate if your paperwork is completely filled out before your appointment time starts. Return visits generally are 5-15 minutes.
- Wear comfortable loose clothing and clean socks. Please do not wear jeans, belts, or jewelry.
- A snack or meal an hour before your treatment is recommended. Please do not arrive starved nor stuffed. Drink plenty of water the day of your appointment.
What to Expect
Here is a rundown of what to expect during your New Patient Appointment.
Check-In & Fill Out Forms
- Fill out our detailed Health Questionnaire* Form.
- Review and sign our Consent* Forms
*All medical records are safely stored and your health information will never be entered into a computer or transmitted electronically.
Meet with Your Practitioner, Review & Assess
Your initial assessment will be conducted in a private consultation room. A chiropractic assessment at The Pilates Wellness Center typically involves:
- A detailed review of your Health Questionnaire form
- A Chiropractic examination involving range of motion, palpation of joints and muscles, review of posture and gait
- An Orthopedic examination
- A Neurologic examination involving reflexes and muscle strength
The assessment is designed to help identify the correct pattern and the best approach to treatment. This is a great time for you to ask any questions that you have.
After your assessment you will be escorted to the chiropractic treatment area
- Sit comfortably with your forehead resting on the head rest and arms placed on arm rest
- Position your feet forward so they are in front of your knees
- Remove any jewelry
- Tie long hair back
Make yourself comfortable and your chiropractic physician will be with you shortly
Treatments at The Pilates Wellness Center include:
1) Chiropractic Adjustment:
- You will first be shown how the Sigma Instrument takes readings of your spine
- All findings will be explained to you so you understand how they affect your health
- You will then be shown how the Sigma Instrument delivers a vertebral adjustment
- During your adjustment, you will feel a series of tiny taps at each vertebra that is being adjusted
- Treatments typically last anywhere from 5 – 15 minutes
2) Therapeutic Modalities:
If it is necessary, you may also receive cold laser therapy, ultrasound or kensio taping.
After a Chiropractic treatment some people feel rejuvenated and energized, others blissful, while some feel slightly fatigued. It is not necessarily the same for everyone every time.
When your treatment is finished, exit the treatment area and our front desk staff will help you check out before you continue on with your day.