First Pilates Class Advice
To help ensure a successful first Pilates appointment, please:
- Print and fill out your Health Questionnaire and Consent Forms at home before your appointment and bring your filled out paperwork with you. You can also arrive 15-20 minutes before your appointment time to fill out your paperwork. Please keep in mind, all appointments start and finish on time and a New Patient Appointment takes up to 1 hour to complete. We appreciate if your paperwork is completely filled out before your appointment time starts.
- Please wear Pilates attire which consists of ankle length leggings, a T-shirt that covers your full torso (no tank tops / sleeveless shirts, please) and clean Toe Sox (available for purchase for $15). Bring a small towel and a bottle of water with you. Please do not wear riding pants, belts, cut offs or jewelry.
- A snack or meal an hour before your treatment is recommended. Please do not arrive starved nor stuffed. Drink plenty of water the day of your appointment.
What to Expect
Here is a rundown of what to expect during your New Patient Appointment.
Check-In & Fill Out Forms
- Fill out our detailed Health Questionnaire* Form.
- Review and sign our Informed Consent* Forms
*All medical records are safely stored and your health information will never be entered into a computer or transmitted electronically.
Meet with Your Practitioner, Review & Assess
Your initial assessment will be conducted in a private consultation room.
A Pilates assessment by Dr. Habanova typically involves:
- Detailed review of your Health Questionnaire form
- Chiropractic examination involving spinal and extremity range of motion, palpation of joints and muscles, review of posture and gait
- Orthopedic examination involving joint mobility/restrictions
- Neurologic examination involving sensory, motor and general reflexes
- Movement assessment involving flexibility, functional muscle strength, core strength and balance
The assessment is designed to help identify the correct patterns and the best approach to treatment. This is a great time for you to ask any questions that you have.
New patients at The Pilates Wellness Center are lead through our Foundations in Balance program. Over your first ten sessions you will:
- Learn the 5 Pre-Pilates Concepts and how to apply them to your condition
- Learn the fundamental Pilates movements
- Develop a solid Pilates Foundation
- Understand how balance plays a role in a healthy body and lifestyle
- Receive personalized recommendations for your condition and your overall well being
After a Pilates Session, most people feel rejuvenated and energized, others stretched and peaceful. Some may feel slightly fatigued depending on how challenging the session was. It is not necessarily the same for everyone every time.
After a Pilates Session you will be escorted to the chiropractic treatment area.
- Sit comfortably with your forehead resting on the head rest and arms placed on arm rest
- Position your feet forward so they are in front of your knees
- Tie long hair back
- Make yourself comfortable
Treatments at The Pilates Wellness Center include:
1) Chiropractic Adjustment:
- You will first be shown how the Sigma Instrument takes readings of your spine
- All findings will be explained to you so you understand how they affect your health
- You will then be shown how the Sigma Instrument delivers a vertebral adjustment
- During your adjustment, you will feel a series of tiny taps at each vertebra that is being adjusted
- Treatments typically last anywhere from 5 – 15 minutes
2) Therapeutic Modalities:
If it is necessary, you may also receive cold laser therapy, ultrasound or kensio taping.
After a Chiropractic treatment most people feel relaxed and energized, others blissful. It is not necessarily the same for everyone every time.
When your session is finished, we ask everyone to help clean down the equipment using a chemical-free essential oil based spray. This way you know the person before you has done the same and it helps to minimize colds. Once done, exit the treatment area and our front desk staff will help you check out before you continue on with your day.