The way that Dr. Habanova works with patients differs considerably from the conventional medical model you may be accustomed to. Please read the following information thoroughly to familiarize yourself with her process. The fee structure is described at the end.
As a new patient, your treatment is in two phases:
- Case Review
- Ongoing Treatment
Each phase is described in more detail below.
PHASE ONE: CASE REVIEW
The Case Review is the first step for all new patients. The Case Review is designed to save money and time in the long-term by performing the appropriate diagnostic testing and evaluation before treatment begins. A cornerstone of Dr. Habanova’s approach is “test, don’t guess.” Identifying the underlying patterns contributing to disease is the key to a successful and lasting outcome.
The Case Review serves several purposes:
- It enables Dr. Habanova to more accurately estimate how long your treatment program will last, what it will include and how much it will cost
- It gives you the chance to ask any questions you may have about your condition and what you should expect
- Finally, it provides an opportunity for us to get to know each other and determine if the center is a good fit for you over the long-term
The initial Case Review with new patient evaluation at The Pilates Wellness Center is comprised of two appointments:
1) Initial Consultation – 1st Appointment
Prior to your Initial Consultation with Dr.Habanova, but part of the Case Review, a Patient Coordinator will provide you with the Functional Medicine Patient Packet to complete. It is important that you spend time and energy completing these intake forms as thoroughly as possible as they are vital in helping us understand your case. Please mail these back to her office 7 days in advance of your appointment.
This paperwork includes:
- A detailed health and medical history questionnaire
- A survey of your chief complaints and most important health goals
- An assessment of your most troubling and frequently experienced symptoms
- A diet survey and questionnaire
- A survey of your current supplements and medications
- Detailed body assessments regarding metabolic and neurological function
Dr. Habanova feels it is important for her to review your previous labs and records. Please obtain your previous records and mail them to her office 7 days in advance of your appointment. Dr. Habanova will review them prior to your Initial Consultation. If, however, these records are extensive, Dr. Habanova will need additional time to complete her review of the records which will be billed at an additional cost.
During your Initial Consultation (90 minutes), you and Dr. Habanova will have the opportunity for an in-depth discussion about your present health, chief complaints, most troubling symptoms and health goals. This time is needed to gather all of the information needed for Dr. Habanova to reach a comprehensive understanding of the many factors that are affecting your health.
After your Initial Consultation, Dr. Habanova will:
- Recommend initial laboratory evaluations, specifically tailored to your personal case
- Provide you with dietary guidelines to follow for a 30-day Reset Diet
- Recommend initial supplements and lifestyle changes for you to begin
It is critical that you implement the 30-day Reset diet to the best of your ability. Your experience with the diet will be as important as any lab findings in guiding the next steps in your care plan.
Once you complete your labs and we have received the lab results you will move on to Step Two: the Report of Findings. This typically occurs between 30 and 45 days after the Initial Consultation, because some of the labs we use take up to 4 weeks to deliver the results to us after receiving your sample. While you wait for your labs to come back, you will be implementing the 30-day Reset diet and initial supplement and lifestyle recommendations, and making forward progress.
2) Report of Findings – 2nd Appointment
The Case Review Report of Findings visit is a 60-minute appointment. Dr. Habanova prefers that this visit is done in person, however it can be done by phone or Skype when necessary.
At the Report of Findings visit, Dr. Habanova will:
- Integrate data from your history and intake with the new laboratory data from testing
- Discuss the underlying patterns and triggers that are contributing to your symptoms
- Outline the suggested treatment plan, including dietary, supplement and lifestyle recommendations
- Recommend further testing (this will typically be minimal, if necessary at all, because of the completeness of the Case Review initial assessment)
- Answer any questions you have about the findings or the treatment plan
PHASE TWO: ONGOING TREATMENTS
Once the Case Review is complete, you will have follow-up appointments on an as-needed basis. In general, Dr. Habanova recommends that regular follow-up visits be scheduled every 6-8 weeks, depending on your health needs. At these visits, she will review your progress on the treatment plan, along with any follow-up test results, and make additional recommendations as necessary.
You may schedule follow-up appointments in person at her office, or by phone or via Skype. If you live outside of Wellington, FL Dr. Habanova asks that you return for an in person visit at least once a year.
Fee schedule for visits
The Case Review is the fastest and most efficient way to determine the underlying causes of your health problems and design an effective treatment plan. While a Case Review may cost more than a typical initial visit to a physician, it is designed to save you money and time over the long-term by performing the appropriate diagnostic testing and evaluation before treatment begins.
Here is a breakdown of the costs involved in the Case Review and follow up visits so you can plan accordingly.
|Initial Consultation||$595||90 Minutes|
|Report of Findings||$295||60 minutes|
|Regular On-Going Visits||$150 / $75||50 minutes / 25 minutes|
Laboratory tests estimated costs for case review
The cost of laboratory tests recommended during the case review process is typically $140–$2000 depending on complexity of condition and level of diagnostics required. All costs of lab tests will be charged at physicians rates (what the laboratory charges us to order your test). We will never up charge any laboratory test costs.
The exact lab testing ordered after the Initial Case Review depends on your individual circumstances, but may include:
- Blood tests for specific conditions, such as high cholesterol, hypothyroidism, vitamin markers, autoimmune disease, gluten and food sensitivity.
- Advanced stool testing to screen for parasites, fungal overgrowth, bacterial infections, intestinal inflammation, dysbiosis and a deficiency of beneficial gut bacteria.
- Breath testing for gastrointestinal bacterial imbalances
- Urine organic acids testing to screen for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, fungal overgrowth, problems metabolizing fat or carbohydrate, B-vitamin status, methylation issues, detoxification capacity, oxidative stress, and neurotransmitter metabolism.
- Saliva or serum hormone testing for adrenal and sex hormone status.
- Genetic testing to evaluate over 40 wellness genes and their function.
The supplements that are prescribed as part of your treatment plan after the Case Review is typically $150–$500.
Grand total of Case Review fees
On average, the total you should expect to pay for the entire Case Review process with Dr. Habanova is roughly $1,000–$3,500. This includes the first two visits, lab tests, and initial supplements.
Please note that you will have the opportunity to decide which of the laboratory and supplement recommendations you wish to proceed with, and you will only pay for those that you approve. The only fee that you commit to is the fee for the visit.
Estimated costs for laboratory tests for ongoing treatment
Ongoing lab fees (if any) vary considerably depending on the patient and treatment plan, but average approximately $200–400/month.
Estimated costs for supplements for ongoing treatment
Ongoing cost of supplements vary considerably depending on the patient and treatment plan, but average approximately $150–$550/month.
|Message||Simple clarifications from recent visits and/or management of side effects of recently prescribed therapy is included in the visit price. More complex, detailed responses or questions outside of a recent visit are billed at $35 minimum, prorated by the time it takes to read the question and respond.|
|Letter writing and forms||Minimum $95, additional prorated for time greater than 15 minutes.|